Twitter delivered on its promise to censor tweets that it believed constitutes misinformation. Overall, the platform censored at least six conservatives’ verified accounts, including President Donald Trump.
In five of the six instances, the platform placed an interstitial, or filter, over the tweets, and in five of the six cases, it turned off comments and likes. Twitter still allowed quote tweets for the posts, however.
The interstitial placed over the tweets said, “Some or all of the content shared in this Tweet is disputed and might be misleading about an election or other civic process. Learn More.” Users then had to click “view” in order to see those particular tweets.
1. Trump was censored early in the day. Twitter censored Trump’s tweet, in which he stated, “The Supreme Court decision on voting in Pennsylvania is a VERY dangerous one. It will allow rampant and unchecked cheating and will undermine our entire systems of laws. It will also induce violence in the streets. Something must be done!” The New York Times found that “Before Mr. Trump’s tweet was labeled, it was shared or replied to about 827 times a minute. After it was labeled, that dropped to 151 times a minute, according to the E.I.P. analysis.”
2. The platform later labeled a tweet from the Trump campaign that declared victory in South Carolina, despite the fact that “multiple news outlets — including The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNN and POLITICO — have similarly projected that President Donald Trump will win the state,” POLITICO clarified. The interstitial on this particular Trump tweet said “Official sources may not have called the race when this was Tweeted.”
3. Tom Fitton, President of Judicial Watch was censored for concerns over voter fraud. Twitter placed an interstitial over Fitton’s tweet, which stated, “ALERT: Counting Votes that Arrive AFTER Election Day Invites #VoterFRAUD; Biden Burisma Scandal Docs; Wray FBI Hides Texts of anti-@RealDonaldTrump Coup Cabal; More “Wiped” FBI Records? My new JW Book ‘A Republic Under Attack’: NYTIMES/National Bestseller! https://youtu.be/xI1qe8mAe1k.”
4. Twitter censored writer The Daily Wire writer Matt Walsh’s November 4 tweet after he drew attention to a post that claimed that, in Michigan, “An update gives Biden 100% of new votes — 128k+.” Walsh tweeted “This is reason enough to go to court. No honest person can look at this and say it’s normal and unconcerning.”
5. Twitter censored Charlie Kirk’s tweet encouraging a high voter turnout. Kirk stated in his tweet that “The question isn’t whether or not Donald Trump can beat Joe Biden—we know the answer to that. The question today is whether he can beat voter fraud and Democrat lawsuits to steal the election. An overwhelming turnout today negates all of that. Get out and VOTE!”
6. Twitter censored multiple posts from James Woods as well. Twitter hid multiple posts from Woods, an American actor, behind an interstitial. At one point in the evening, Woods posted a screenshot of his censored tweet, and Twitter actually censored the screenshot. In the original tweet, Woods demanded, “If by some miracle millions of patriots manage to stop the tsunami of Democrat vote fraud and re-elect President Trump, this is the single most important item on the new agenda: MANDATORY VOTER ID.”
Conservatives are under attack. Contact Twitter at (415) 222-9670 and demand that Big Tech be held to account to mirror the First Amendment while providing transparency, clarity on “hate speech” and equal footing for conservatives. If you have been censored, contact us at the Media Research Center contact form, and help us hold Big Tech accountable.